_Founded in 1956 by James McLoughlan, McLoughlan Supplies Limited has remained Newfoundland and Labrador’s sole exclusive wholesale full line electrical distributor.
From our original premises on New Gower Street in St. John’s Newfoundland, McLoughlan's expanded to Mill Lane, and then, in 1972, to Blackmarsh Road with a modern 20,000 sq foot (1800 sq metre) warehouse, showroom and head office administration facility. Our Head Office is located on two and half acres within the centre of St. John’s. This specific location has been expanded to house an indoor pipe and conduit warehouse along with a second floor warehouse for Lighting World. Over the years another separate building was added for the industrial division, safety division, board and training rooms, offices and a further 10,000 sq foot warehouse for industrial products and additional stock.
Rapid expansion from 1984–1988 brought McLoughlan’s name and quality service to the paper mill towns of Grand Falls–Windsor and Corner Brook. The Halifax/Dartmouth branch in Nova Scotia was opened in November 1995.
St. John’s branch has a large Lighting World showroom. To many Newfoundlanders, Lighting World is McLoughlan’s public persona. There is also a Lighting World showroom in Grand Falls–Windsor.
The founder and president of McLoughlan Supplies Ltd. passed away on March 16, 1991, and his daughter, Ann, who practiced law at the time, retired from her legal career in order to concentrate on the leadership of the company.
The company is proud to say that it has matured over the past fifty years within the Atlantic Canadian market, adapting to the ever-changing marketplace becoming a major force within the Electrical Distribution business.